It’s Time to Experience Craft Beers in One of the Best Cities in Ireland.
Founded June 2018. Excited for 2020.
Currently we run up to four group tours a week. If that date does not work for, no fear!! As long as you have a group size of 4+ we will do our best to accommodate you. Please get in touch! Even if you are a small group or solo traveller, we will try our best to put a group together for you. You may also want to consider the Craft Beer Power Hour (offered daily) if you are short on time, or if our schedules don’t match yours.
The format – three bars, 10+ beers and a few snacks.
Our tours are simple: we will walk around Galway and take you to three of our favourite craft beer venues. The places we visit will vary slightly depending upon the time of the tour, but we promise to take you to some sound venues and introduce you to tasty Irish Craft Beer – with a focus on our best-loved brewers in the West.
Each tour is fully guided by one of our expert guides who knows all about beer, Irish breweries and is packed full of tips and suggestions for enjoying Galway City.
We offer three options on each tour.
- All Inclusive: we will provide a minimum of 8 beer tastings over our stops. Equivalent of 3-4 pints.
- All Inclusive – Light: we will provide smaller tastings and guarantee a minimum of four tastings. Equivalent of approximately 1.5-2 pints.
- Choose your Own Adventure: we provide your guide and the snacks. The rest is up to you!
We’ve worked with our favourite bars to agree special pricing to allow you try as many beers as possible and we promise our all inclusive option is a great deal. You can expect to pay €5-9 per pour for portion sizes of 2/3 (approx 350 mL) to a full pint (567 mL) in Galway.
About the Beer
Our main focus is to showcase the breweries from the West of Ireland as much as possible, and we’ll include fabulous beer from all across Ireland, too! All beer will be 100% Irish unless there’s something truly exceptional we want you to taste. If you go for our all inclusive option, the beer will be a combination of styles. If you are choosing your own beers for the night, we will provide our expertise to make sure you get the most delicious pint(s) as possible.
Beer + SNACKS
We know drinking beer is hungry work. Fear not; there will be snacks to keep the hunger away. Please let us know of any dietary concerns (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-intolerant/dairy etc) in your booking and will do our very best to substitute where possible.
The tour wraps in our favourite neighbourhood. Your guide will be able to help you find some late night eats if you are feeling peckish after the tour.
- All Inclusive: €45
- All Inclusive Light: €35
- Tour Only/Choose Your Own Adventure: €25
This will include all nibbles and more important all the beer at all our stops. We’ve capped our group size at ten (larger groups of course welcome but you need to get in touch with us to organise a private event!).
For The Rest of Your Trip
We have prepared our very own guide to craft beer in Galway that will be gifted to you on completion of the tour. It includes our favourite spots for eats, brews, drinks, gifts, and music. If you are travelling further afield, you can always contact us for suggestions.
For Non-Beer Drinkers
We know that craft beer is not for everyone, but sometimes you make the sacrifice for the beer lover in your life. Maybe you prefer not to drink at all? The good news is the craft beer bars we have selected also have fantastic wine and spirits on offer. Irish Gin is also delicious.
Whatever your beverage profile, we’ll will do our best to substitute for beer.
The Nuts and Bolts
A few formalities.
- All WEEKDAY tours (Mon-Thurs) will meet at the Liam Mellows Monument located in Eyre Square at 6:30pm. You will find it across the street from the much more well known Galway Hooker Statue. The statue is located on the same side of Eyre Square as Bank of Ireland.
- All WEEKEND tours (Fri-Sun) will meet at the Spanish Arch located right beside the Corrib River at 4pm. We will meet on the city side of the arch in front of a large red metal door. Ard Bia and the City Museum are the opposite side (through) the Arch.
- We will be walking between venues. It rains a lot in Galway. Please Be prepared. All our walks are short and should not be greater than 5-10 minutes.
- We will offer Full refund if cancelled within 48 hours.
- We welcome and love solo travellers. Our tour goes ahead with a minimum of two participants. We will send you a warning email if we don’t have minimum numbers at least 48 hours before your tour with some alternative options, including our Craft Beer Power Hour.
- This is not a pub crawl. This is a civilized craft beer flavour experience. If you’re looking for a pub crawl, consider our pals at Galway Pub Crawls & Tours.
- Tipping is never expected but always appreciated. We tip all bars we visit on this experience.